Be a part of social change in your community
Every step forward begins with an idea. Members of the Walden community know each idea and action can make a positive impact. During October’s Global Days of Service, Walden faculty, staff, students, and alumni, as well as their friends and family, participate in community service projects.
Global Days of Service events in 2018 included:
- Beautifying a school for young children who have developmental delays.
- Supporting a nonprofit that helps veterans find new purpose after military service.
- Sorting and packing 54,000 pounds of produce, nonperishable food, and household items at a food bank.
- Participating in a 5K to support HIV/AIDS research.
- Cleaning kennels and socializing animals at a shelter.
See photos in Walden’s Center for Social Change, and read President Dr. Ward Ulmer’s reflections on Global Days of Service and meaningful volunteerism.
Thank you to all our volunteers for helping make a positive impact around the globe. The Walden community is proud to do its part to inspire action.