What is a Scholar-Practitioner?
The concept of scholar-practitioner is at the core of the Walden experience. Through our dynamic learning model, we encourage students to become not just consumers of knowledge but also agents of change who contribute to the advancement of individuals, communities, organizations, and society.
Scholar-practitioners bridge the gap between academia and the real world, blending scholarly research with practical application to solve complex problems in their profession. As a Walden student, you will go beyond theory to challenge assumptions, pose new questions, and create innovative solutions and strategies that can be used immediately to inform and elevate practice in your field.
- Are passionate lifelong learners who wish to gain an intimate understanding of their specialty and their profession.
- Have a deep curiosity, drive, and commitment to solve pressing problems in their field.
- Desire to improve the human condition. They are inspired by core values such as social justice, equity, or environmental sustainability.
- Share their knowledge and original ideas with others through open dialogue, publishing their work, and presenting at academic and professional events.
- Are constantly evolving in their careers as they research, learn, teach, and grow.