Walden’s tuition rates remain the same regardless of the state or country in which you reside. While we offer grants
, and tuition assistance opportunities
, we understand that veterans and servicemembers have unique funding options and can take advantage of different resources to earn their degree. The resources below show the tuition savings and benefits exclusively for our military students.
Active Duty/Veterans Tuition Benefits
We honor the following education benefits for all military service members and veterans throughout each of our military branches:
- A 15% tuition reduction for service members, veterans of the U.S. armed forces, employees of the Veterans Administration, or spouse of a servicemember.* applies to new students over the lifetime of their program.
- The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)® reimburses tuition costs through an educational assistance allowance.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill® applies direct funds to cover a portion of costs for tuition, fees, and books.
- Tuition Assistance gives a portion of funds to cover costs of tuition and fees. This program is sponsored by the specific branch of the military you serve.
- The Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program provides the remaining funds for tuition costs that are not covered under the Tuition Assistance program.
- The VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program offers benefits to veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- Yellow Ribbon Enhancement Program covers up to 100% of tuition cost that exceeds the Post 9/11 maximum tuition allowance®†
*15% tuition reduction for new students who are service members, veterans of the U.S. armed forces, or employees of the Veterans Administration. This tuition reduction is also available if you are a spouse of a servicemember, veteran, or employee of the Veterans Administration. This tuition reduction cannot be retroactively applied.
†Program eligibility is determined by the U.S. military in accordance with program provisions. Eligibility may be considered for those eligible for the Post 9/11 at 100%, no longer on active duty and has exceeded the VA annual tuition and fee cap.
To calculate your military benefits, take advantage of the VA’s GI Bill Comparison Tool.