To receive aid from any of the federal student aid programs administered by Walden University’s Office of Financial Aid, the student must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
  • Have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as General Educational Development (GED) certificate or completed a high school education in an approved homeschool setting;
  • Enroll in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate;
  • Enroll at least halftime to be eligible for Direct Loan program funds;
  • Register (or have registered) with Selective Service, if required;
  • Have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
  • Meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards;
  • Not be in default on a federal student loan nor owe money (overpayment) on a federal student grant; and
  • Not exceed the lifetime aggregates or annual loan limits without documentation that the debt has been reaffirmed.

Be advised that a federal or state conviction for any offense involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs, during a period of enrollment for which a student is receiving Title IV financial aid, will affect your eligibility for federal student aid.

Changes in Eligibility

Federal financial aid is awarded based on an estimate of your eligibility. The Office of Financial Aid may have to cancel or reduce your financial aid before or after disbursement based on new information that becomes available after the time of awarding or disbursement. Learn more.

Maintaining Eligibility

In addition to meeting the general requirements for applying for federal financial aid, you must uphold certain requirements to maintain eligibility for federal aid according to Walden University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards. Learn more.

Enrollment Requirements

Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you must meet certain enrollment requirements to receive and maintain federal financial aid. Review the requirements.

Returning Financial Aid

If you withdraw, drop, or do not complete all of the courses you are scheduled to attend, you may have disbursed funds returned to the federal government—a process known as Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4). Learn more.

Do you have questions about financial aid? If you haven’t yet applied to Walden, please contact an enrollment advisor at 855-646-5286 in the United States. If you are a current student, please contact a financial aid advisor at or call 1-800-WALDENU (1-800-925-3368).

Man sitting at latop
Questions about paying for your education or limited-time savings options?
Questions about paying for your education or limited-time savings options?
We're here to help. Talk to your personal enrollment advisor for more information today. Please use our International Form if you live outside of the U.S.
We're here to help. Talk to your personal enrollment advisor for more information today. Please use our Domestic Form if you live in the U.S.
*Required Field
Academic Interests
Contact Information
Invalid email address
Please provide a valid phone number
Please provide a valid zipcode
Additional Information
Get Started

By submitting this form, I understand and agree that Walden University may contact me via email, text, telephone, and prerecorded message regarding furthering my education and that calls may be generated using automated technology. You may opt out at any time. Please view our privacy policy or contact us for more details.


By checking this box, I agree that Walden University may contact me by email, text message, autodialed telephone call, and prerecorded message at the contact information provided above regarding opportunities and offers to further my education. I understand that I may withdraw my consent at any time and that my consent is not a condition of any purchase. I have received the Walden University Privacy Policy